Stress is a part of life and something we all have to deal with. What are the best way to manage stress, though? With the holidays coming up, there might be even more stress in your life than usual. For National Stress Awareness Day we wanted to share the signs and symptoms of stress and some safe ways to manage stress.
Signs of Stress
- Aches and pains
- Chest pain
- Racing heart
- Trouble sleeping
- Digestive problems
Ways to Manage Stress
- Recognize the signs: First, it’s good to recognize and acknowledge a stressful moment.
- Exercise: Take time to go for a quick walk during or after your work day.
- Yoga or meditation: Even if you only have 5 minutes to spare, take the time for yourself.
- Learning to say “no”: If you are feeling overwhelmed, it is okay to say no to additional work or social obligations.
- Journaling: Sometimes writing down what you are feeling can be therapeutic and can be helpful if meeting with a therapist or other healthcare professional.
- Work on improving sleep: Sleep is so important for our overall health and wellness.
- Talk to a health professional.
Chronic stress can cause health problems and make existing conditions worse. It’s important to manage your stress in a healthy way and not turn to alcohol or drugs. Make sure to talk with your healthcare provider about any signs and symptoms of stress you’ve been experiencing.
Here at the OB-GYN Women’s Centre of Lakewood Ranch, we are dedicated to providing personalized healthcare for each and every woman. From puberty to menopause, we aim to supply every woman with top quality gynecological and obstetrical care. Come visit us today and find out why we are the most trusted name in women’s health in the Lakewood Ranch area.